Things can be very annoying if your Roku TV does not connect to WIFI out of anywhere. If you are experiencing that issue, you might be looking for some solutions right now.
Well, the content of this article explains everything about TCL Roku TV not connecting to WIFI error for your convenience. Let’s go ahead and try to fix this error.
Don’t assume that your Roku TV is malfunctioning if it won’t connect to the Internet when you try. There can be many reasons behind this.
In many cases, there are measures you may take to attempt to remedy this problem. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of fixing it in the simplest possible manner.
Power cycling or restarting your router and the Roku TCL TV device should resolve any issues with WiFi connectivity. To see if the television’s firmware has been updated, connect an Ethernet line directly to the device.
So, do you want a better understanding of why the device is having trouble connecting to the WiFI? Let’s first look at some of the most prevalent causes.
Roku TV Not Connecting to WIFI – The Reasons
For a variety of reasons, your television may not be able to connect to the home network effectively.
Among the most often encountered are:
- Internet connectivity issues
- Your TV’s software and firmware are out of date
- Using the wrong password
- Overwhelmed computer system
Why isn’t your television automatically connected to WiFi, and how can you repair this issue? So, what are the immediate measures that can be taken to end this conundrum?
PS: if you are experiencing issues like the Roku remote not working, here are the top solutions for you.
Roku TV Not Connecting to WIFI – What Are The Fixes?
There are many solutions for you to try if your TCL Roku TV does not connect to WIFI. The solutions mentioned below are practically tried on devices and found to be successful.
So, you can go ahead and try these solutions to get your Roku device to function normally again.
Step 01: Power Cycle the Router or Gateway/Modem
Modem/gateway reboots or power cycles are the initial steps in finding out what is wrong. Doing so will help identify if your issue stems from your television’s signal or your internet connection.
These are the actions you need to take to restart your network.
- You’ll need to find the power cable for your modem/router, so just do that.
- Unplug the gadget while it is still running.
- Allow yourself between 15 and 30 seconds of pause time.
- Once again, connect the gadget to the power source.
Step 02: Reboot the TV (Roku TCL)
Well, the second step is to restart or power cycle the TCL Roku television. All you should do is unhook the television’s power cord.
- Before re-plugging it, let it run for about thirty seconds.
- It is important to remember that simply turning off the TV will not remove the TV’s battery altogether.
Step 03: Check if the Network Connection is Working Up to the Expectation
You may be surprised to learn that this is a common reason your Roku TV does not connect to WIFI. Interestingly, many individuals tend to overlook the respective aspect completely.
Make sure you’re connected to the appropriate network by checking the SSID or the name. In addition to that, make sure you check your password twice before you enter it. The system, of course, is case-sensitive. Therefore capitalization will be important to keep track of.
Step 04: Check if the Time and Date of Your TV Unit are Correct
Not only is it inconvenient, but an erroneously configured time & date on the television also result in errors. This is particularly true in terms of connectivity issues.
Here’s how to manually adjust the date and time on your Roku TCL television. However, you should know that most models offer this option.
- Press [HOME] on your controller to get to your main menu.
- The arrow keys on the remote control may be used to travel to the Settings menu.
- Enter Device Preferences. Then, you should press OK with your remote after that.
- Select Date & Time from the drop-down menu.
- Make that the time and date are correct by setting them to the correct values.
- Click on the “Set Date and Time Automatically” button on your TV if it is available.
Step 05: Check if the Software or the Firmware of the TV is in Order
To fix the TCL Roku TV not connecting to the WIFI error, you should check the existing version of the firmware.
You are supposed to check if it is in the correct order. In fact, outdated firmware can cause various issues on any type of device, so it is a must.
According to reports, this has been among the most common causes of televisions failing to establish WIFI connections.
By following these simple steps, you may check and upgrade your TV’s firmware or software edition.
- Press [HOME] on the controller. Then, go to “Settings.”
- After that, you should go to “System” and choose “System Update.”
- Then, at the top or the bottom of the screen, you should see an option called “Check Now.” Click on it.
- That will tell if the device is running on the latest firmware or not.
- If it is outdated, you will see an option called “Update Now” to proceed. Click on that to proceed.
- Once you have done that, you should wait for some time to complete the process.
Step 06: Use Your Ethernet Connection to Fix TCL Roku TV Not Connecting to WIFI
It’s possible that the television’s built-in WIFI connectivity is to blame. As a result, using a wired connection may be worthwhile.
To answer your question, yes, every TCL Roku TV comes equipped with an Ethernet connector for your convenience. If you look at the rear side of the device, you’ll notice it above HDMI connectors.
Directly connect the TV’s Ethernet connector to your modem/gateway or router.
Follow the steps below to configure these settings.
- First, you should go to the “HOME” button on the remote control device to proceed. Then, you can go to “Settings.”
- After that, go to the right-hand side of the screen and choose “Network“.
- Then, you should highlight the option “Wired” (Ethernet).
- After that, you can wait for your TV to get verified.
From there, you may perform all of the tasks that were previously impossible to complete. That means due to the device’s failure to connect with WiFi. For instance, you won’t be able to upgrade the software or firmware when private internet access is not working.
Also read: How to mirror Android to Roku TV without any hassle?
Step 07: Perform a Factory Reset on the Device
In order to acquire a new start from your TCL TV, you should lastly conduct a factory reset. To reset it effectively, follow the procedures outlined below.
- By hitting [HOME], it is always possible to return to your device’s main screen.
- Then go to Settings and select System. After that, go to Advanced Systems Settings and make your changes.
- Continue to scroll so you can see the option called Factory Reset highlighted.
- Wait for your TV to restart when you click on it.
- You should be able to connect your tv to your Internet once more when you have completed this.
- The majority of Roku customers claimed that this method was successful. They say that they were able to establish a link on their TVs without any issues after a reset.
Assume that the Roku TV isn’t connecting to WiFi when you don’t have a remote. In that case, try connecting using the Roku app instead of the remote device. Well, the application has all of the features and buttons found on a standard remote.
Because of that, you won’t have to worry about learning how to use it. So, that is what you should do if your Roku TV is not connecting to WIFI.
What Else Can You Do if Your Roku TV Not Connecting to WiFi yet?
Restarting the gateway/modem may be necessary when you experience TCL Roku TV not connecting to a WIFI error. After that, restart your television set. Check that the time & date displayed on the television are correct.
In addition to that, you should know that the respective software is up to date. If required, perform a factory reset on your television.
Does the problem persist even after you’ve completed the steps above? If so, a good thing to do is contact Roku’s customer care staff for assistance.
Notify them of the problem. After that, provide them with a list of all of the troubleshooting procedures you have taken.
This will provide them with a better, more precise, and more successful approach to approaching the problem.
Also read: How to fix the TCL Roku TV Black Screen error with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is my TCL Roku TV not connecting to WIFI?
A: There could be various reasons, such as a weak WIFI signal, incorrect WIFI password, network interference, firmware issues, or outdated TV software.
Q: How can I check the WIFI signal strength?
A: You can use a WIFI signal strength analyzer app on your smartphone or move your TV closer to the router to check the signal strength.
Q: What should I do if I forgot my WIFI password?
A: You can log in to your router’s settings page and retrieve the correct password.
Q: Will a factory reset erase all my data on the TV?
A: Yes, a factory reset will restore your TCL Roku TV to its original settings, erasing all customized preferences and settings.
Q: How can I contact TCL support for assistance?
A: You can visit TCL’s official website and find their customer support contact information for your region.
So, those are the steps you should follow if you experience Roku TV not connecting to WIFI. We hope at least one of the above steps will help you overcome it.
If you have any other doubts pertaining to this matter, keep us posted in the comments section below.