“HBO Max on LG TV” might sound like a very interesting idea. However, the truth is that only some individuals know how to get HBO Max on LG Smart TV.
If you are looking for a comprehensive guide to get it done, here’s a very useful article for you.
The Launch of HBO Max and Pricing
HBO Max was introduced to you on May 27, 2020. This specific plan costs $15 per month. As a result, many users say that it is more expensive than other streaming services. However, their high price seems justified because of the extra content HBO Max provides.
If the price of HBO Max is high, If the price is too high, HBO launches a cheaper version. That was launched in June this year, and the catch is that it is an ad-supported HBO Max version. Currently, it is priced at $10 per month.
However, as per their conditions, this ad-supported plan doesn’t allow customers to watch same-day theatrical releases on their debut. This is indeed a pretty affordable tier, and it has some advertisements. However, those ads don’t appear on HBO original series. For instance, series like Euphoria and GoT.
With the first release of HBO Max, pretty much all the subscribers were automatically upgraded or switched. That means they are “promoted” to HBO Max from HBO Go.
Well, HBO Go was phased out. And there is a rebranding, and according to that, “HBO Now” was rebranded to “HBO.” Simply, your HBO Go login credentials are supposed to work with HBO. But, to accomplish that, you should download their new app.
Availability of HBO Max
You can get HBO Max for free if you already have an HBO subscription on the AT&T network. HBO Max is available for free on pretty much all Apple devices.
For instance, it is available on Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Android TV devices, and even Chromebooks. Also, it works on consoles like Xbox Series X.
The good news is that HBO Max is now available on the Amazon Fire TV Stick. That was since November 2020.
Then, in December, it became compatible with Roku and PS5. That gives a broader range of choices for users.
HBO Max on LG TV
You may already know that LG is among the top two TV manufacturers in the world today. That means LG TV units can be seen pretty much everywhere. So, like any other individual, you will also assume that HBO Max is available on LG Smart TVs.
But in reality, HBO Max is not available as a native app on LG Smart TV. That is a surprising move. However, that shouldn’t prevent you from watching HBO TV.
The below part will explain how to watch HBO Max on LG TV. Also, there are some alternatives if the standard methods don’t work in your case.
How to Get HBO Max on LG Smart TV – Three Methods
It is true that the HBO Max app doesn’t have a native app for your LG Smart TV. However, there’re a couple of ways to try and enjoy HBO Max on an LG Smart TV.
Also, if you are experiencing the Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV error, here are the best fixes.
01. Use Airplay 2 to Watch HBO Max on LG TV
Interestingly, Airplay 2 is supported by LG TVs manufactured after 2019. So, if you have an iOS device, it’s possible to get Airplay HBO Max on your LG Smart TV.
Mentioned below are those steps for you.
- First, you should download and install the HBO Max app on your iOS device. After that, you should ensure that your LG Smart TV and iOS device are properly connected to a network. Be sure that both devices are on the same network.
- Now, on your HBO Max app, you should log in and choose a video to watch.
- You can now pause the video by tapping on the screen and the AirPlay button. It is located in the upper right corner.
- Now, you should select your LG TV as the device to which you add AirPlay.
- HBO Max should now be playing that video on your LG television.
In addition, let’s figure out how to factory reset LG TV with or without a remote.
02. How to View HBO Max on LG TV using Android Devices?
If you are using an Android device or a tablet, you can watch HBO Max using them. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, download the HBO Max app on your Android device and install it.
- Like the previous method, connect your Android device and LG Smart TV to the same network.
- Now, go to the home screen on the LG TV. Then, you should select the “Screen Share” shortcut.
- Swipe the Notification panel down on your Android device. After that, you should choose the icon called “Cast.” It can be found under “Display” in your settings.
- Now, in the Cast Menu, choose your LG Smart TV.
- Then, you can see your phone’s screen on the TV after a couple of seconds.
- After that, on your Android device, launch the HBO Max app. Then, you should log in and begin watching HBO Max on LG TV.
03. HBO Max on LG TV using a laptop
Do you wonder how to use a laptop to get HBO Max on LG Smart TV? Here’s how to do it. You need an HDMI port to do that. This method requires only two steps.
- First, connect an HDMI input port of your LG Smart TV to the HDMI port on your laptop. Be sure to use a genuine HDMI cable provided with the laptop.
- Now, connect your Smart TV’s input to the HDMI port with the assistance of your LG TV remote.
- If everything goes well, the laptop screen should appear on your LG TV. Now, get a web browser open on your laptop. Then, go to https://www.max.com/ and sign in with your credentials. That’s it.
However, what if your laptop’s display settings did not display on your LG Smart TV? In that case, you can read the below. The following instructions will explain how to do it on both systems (macOS and Windows).
For Windows 10
- Go to the option called “Display Settings” after performing a right-click on the desktop.
- Choose “Duplicate these displays” in the “Multiple Displays” drop-down list.
- When prompted, choose the option called “Keep Changes.”
- Connect your Mac to your TV.
- Then, choose the “System Preferences” option from the Apple menu.
- Choose “Displays” located in the “View” menu.
- Now, you should select the option “Arrangement” in the drop-down.
- Now, in the bottom-left corner, navigate to “Mirror Displays.”
For Windows 8
- Go to “Screen Resolution”
- Go to “Multiple Displays” and choose “Duplicate these displays.”
- Click on “Apply” and choose “OK.”
By the way, here is the full DisneyNow vs. Disney Plus comparison.
Other Methods to Have HBO Max on LG TV
If none of the abovementioned options have worked for you, you can follow some alternative solutions. So, don’t get discouraged, as these options will help you watch HBO Max on LG TV.
By the way, if your HBO Max keeps crashing, that might frustrate you big time. Here, we will explain the steps you should take if your HBO Max app keeps crashing.
● HBO can be accessed through YouTube TV
Another alternative option is to watch HBO via YouTube TV. It is a live-streaming service. This service helps you watch local networks and cable TV channels using the computer. It is more like you do it on cable TV. When it comes to the YouTube TV app allows you to subscribe to HBO Max.
However, the catch with HBO Max on LG TV is that you’ll be able to watch HBO-branded content only. In fact, the YouTube TV interface isn’t compatible with branded content that cannot be found on standard HBO.
● Using HBO Max on a Low-Cost Streaming Device
The good news is that HBO Max works perfectly with various low-cost streaming devices. You can purchase them for less than $40. 4K+ Roku Express, Amazon Fire Stick, and Amazon Fire Stick Lite are some of those devices. For your information.
When you want to watch HBO Max, connect these devices to an HDMI port on your LG Smart TV and switch the input to that HDMI port.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I get HBO Max on any LG Smart TV model?
HBO Max is available on most LG Smart TV models manufactured in recent years. However, older models might not be compatible with the HBO Max app. Make sure to check the compatibility of your specific LG Smart TV model.
Is HBO Max free on LG Smart TVs?
While the HBO Max app is free to download, access to HBO Max content requires a subscription. You will need to sign in with your HBO Max account or create a new account to enjoy the streaming service.
Do I need an internet connection to use HBO Max on my LG Smart TV?
Yes, an active internet connection is required to stream HBO Max content on your LG Smart TV. Ensure that your TV is connected to the internet for uninterrupted streaming.
Can I watch live TV on HBO Max through my LG Smart TV?
HBO Max primarily focuses on on-demand streaming of movies and TV shows. It does not offer live TV channels. For live TV, you may consider subscribing to a separate cable or satellite service.
What other devices can I use to access HBO Max?
In addition to LG Smart TVs, HBO Max is available on various other devices, including smartphones, tablets, streaming devices (e.g., Roku, Amazon Fire TV), gaming consoles (e.g., Xbox, PlayStation), and web browsers. You can access HBO Max on multiple devices using the same account.
Now you know how to get HBO Max on your LG Smart TV. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can enjoy a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and exclusive content on your LG Smart TV through the HBO Max app. Stay entertained and catch up on your favorite shows anytime you want.