If you are bothered by the “Samsung TV green screen” error, you might badly look for a solution. In fact, this is a pretty annoying error faced by many Samsung TV users across the globe.
So, you are not alone if your Samsung TV displays a green screen but nothing else. That said, the following paragraphs will discuss more of it along with the solutions.
Samsung TV Green Screen
Samsung TV’s green screen can be considered a significantly annoying error. Generally speaking, Samsung Smart TVs tend to function very smoothly and with no issues in most cases. However, that doesn’t mean that they are invincible. Even Samsung TVs can experience some errors at some point.
Samsung TV green screen is one of those errors that can eventually make you unhappy. As per this error, you will see a completely green screen. That will definitely disturb your entertainment experience. So, finding the most appropriate solutions to fix Samsung TV green screen errors is mandatory for any Samsung user.
There are several ways to fix this issue. We sincerely hope at least one of the below methods will fix this error. So, go ahead and learn how to fix this error.
Besides, you will find it annoying when your Samsung TV volume is stuck. Here, let’s figure out how to fix the ‘Samsung Smart TV Volume Stuck‘ issue easily.
Reasons for Samsung TV Green Screen to Appear
Before going into the fixes, let’s learn the potential reasons behind this annoying trouble. Mentioned below are those errors for your reference.
● Due to a Loose Cable
One of the most common causes behind this error is a loosened cable connection. If you have not inserted your cable properly into the TV, a green screen error can appear.
● Temporary Error/Glitch on the TV
Sometimes, a glitch that appears on your Samsung TV itself can lead to a green screen error.
● Wrongful Settings
If your Samsung TV has the wrong settings, it can obviously lead to different types of errors. And, Samsung TV green screen is one of those errors.
● Hardware Failure
If your Samsung device has corrupted or damaged hardware, that can end up showing various errors. A green screen error is such an error.
Well, those are the main reasons that can trigger Samsung TV green screen error. Now, you can go ahead and read the remaining paragraphs so you can fix the error.
How to Fix Samsung TV Green Screen Error
If you are wondering how to fix Samsung TV green screen, here’s the section you should read. In this, we explain all those solutions you will have to try.
Some of these fixes are very convenient and basic, while others may need slightly more effort. So, go ahead and try these solutions.
1. Check the Cables That Are Connected to Your Samsung TV
One of the main underlying causes behind the Samsung TV green screen is errors related to cables. If your cables are damaged, twisted, or loose, you might experience this blue screen error.
On the other hand, you will experience the same error when the cables are not properly inserted. So, check for all of those aspects to find the error. If there is no physical error found with the cables, you should just pull them out and plug them. This time, make sure that the cables are perfectly installed. If the cables are physically damaged, you should obviously replace them.
A significant number of individuals claim that they were able to fix the issue by checking the cables. So, consider this fix as the first solution and check if you can still see Samsung TV green screen.
2. Change the Picture Settings
As mentioned before, the wrong settings on your Samsung TV can trigger a green screen error. In that case, you can change the settings to the correct ones, and the issue will be gone. Mentioned below is how to perform the reset in picture settings.
2.1. Turn Off/Disable the HDR+ Mode
As the first change, just try to disable or switch off the HDR+ mode on your Samsung TV. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, hit the button for “Menu” on the remote controller device of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then, scroll down so you can see the picture option; select it to proceed.
- Then, go to the option called “Expert Settings“.
- You can scroll down and disable the option that represents HDR+ mode to proceed.
- Once the HDR+ mode is turned off, check if the green screen error is persisting.
If you don’t want to switch off the HDR+ option and still fix this error, try the below-mentioned steps.
2.2. Disable RGB
If you don’t want to remove HDR+ mode, mentioned below is how to disable RGB.
- First, you should press the button that represents the Menu.
- You can go to the option called the “Picture” option and then go to the option called “Expert“.
- After that, you should scroll down and go to the HDR+ mode to fix it.
- You can scroll down further and choose “RGB Mode Only“.
- After that, disable (switch it off).
Check if the green screen error on your Samsung Smart TV is fixed now.
Please note that plenty of users had fixed this error simply by applying changes to the picture mode. In order to change it, you should disable the HDR+ mode. To do that, you can follow the steps that are mentioned in the previous methods. After that, you can choose the menu option and choose the option called “Picture“. Once you have done that, you can change the mode of the picture to proceed. While doing that, you can check which mode does fix the error.
2.3. Adjust the Brightness of the TV
According to some situations, even the brightness level of the TV can lead to green screen errors. If you are not aware of this method, you can follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should press the button that represents the menu command on the remote control.
- Then, you should select the option for a picture. After that, you can select the option called “Expert Settings“.
- You can now scroll down and find the brightness levels. Then, you can change the levels of the brightness (up or down).
- As a result of changing the brightness settings, you may see that the error is gone.
If that method doesn’t fix the error, you should follow the steps that are mentioned below.
3. Try a Cold Boot
Cold boot is another handy option that might fix Samsung TV green screen and let you use it. When it comes to cold booting, it has the ability to get rid of temporary glitches in your TV. If you are interested in this fix, you can go ahead and follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should get the remote controller device of your Samsung TV and long-press its power button. You should hold the power button until it switches off your TV and on once again.
- Please note that this method may take up to 10 seconds.
- After that, you should see if it has fixed the error.
If that didn’t fix the green screen error, you could try the next solution as well.
4. Perform a Power Cycle
Power cycling of your Samsung TV can fix various temporary, minor glitches in it. In fact, this specific method can be effective in resolving Samsung TV green screen as well.
- First, you should disconnect the Samsung Smart TV from the wall power outlet.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes.
- After that, you should plug the TV in and turn it on to notice any progress.
Once the power cycle is performed on the TV, you can check if the error is fixed.
PS: if you are facing the Samsung TV turns on by itself issue, here are the top solutions for you.
5. Perform a Reset on the TV
The next step is to reset the TV and see if it works as expected. This solution can be tried if none of the previous solutions have worked so far. For many users, this method has fixed the error.
- First, go to the option called “Settings“.
- After that, you should go to the option called “General“.
- Then, you should scroll down and choose the option labeled “Reset“.
- You can now provide it with the PIN. That will reset the TV.
After the TV is restarted, you can see if the error is gone, and the TV should work. However, for some users, even this method may fail. If that’s the case, please go to the last resort.
6. Get the Assistance of Samsung
If you have not found any success with the above methods so far, there’s only one solution left. In this case, you will have to contact Samsung and ask for their assistance. If there is a serious hardware error in the device, they will repair it. Also, if your TV is still under the warranty period, you might get a replacement.
1. Why is my Samsung TV showing a green screen?
A green screen on a Samsung TV can occur due to faulty cable connections, incorrect picture settings, outdated firmware, or software glitches.
2. How do I check the cable connections on my Samsung TV?
Inspect the HDMI, component, or AV cables connected to your TV and ensure they are securely plugged in at both ends. Replace or reconnect any loose or damaged cables.
3. Can adjusting picture settings fix the green screen error?
Yes, incorrect picture settings can contribute to the green screen error. Access the picture settings menu on your Samsung TV and make necessary adjustments.
4. Should I update the firmware on my Samsung TV?
Updating the firmware on your Samsung TV is recommended as it can address compatibility issues and improve overall performance.
5. What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work?
If the green screen error persists, it’s best to contact Samsung support for further assistance. They can help diagnose and resolve complex issues with your TV.
So, those are the solutions you can try and fix Samsung TV’s green screen. If you experience any other technical errors with Samsung TV, please keep us posted.