After analyzing picture quality, smart features, design, sound and more, our experts pick the overall best TV between the two popular brands.
Samsung and Xiaomi both produce impressive, high-performing smart TVs loaded with features. But with different operating systems, technologies and pricing, deciding between the two brands largely depends on your preferences and budget.
This comprehensive guide compares Samsung and Xiaomi TVs across all the factors that impact viewing experience. After extensive hands-on testing and research from our home entertainment experts, we provide specific recommendations to help you choose the perfect TV.
Picture Quality and Resolution
Both brands offer stunning visuals and resolutions up to 4K and 8K, producing vibrant, true-to-life colors and crisp details.
Key Factors Impacting Picture Quality:
- Display Technology (QLED, OLED, LED)
- Contrast Ratio
- HDR Support
- Wide Color Gamut
- Upscaling Ability
- Refresh Rate
Our Tests Show:
- Samsung QLED TVs edge out Xiaomi models for color accuracy and brightness. Xiaomi buys displays from Samsung and LG.
- Flagship 8K and 4K QLED Samsungs outperform comparably priced Xiaomi sets.
- Mid-range 4K Xiaomi TVs rival quality of baseline Samsung LED models.
- Entry level HD Xiaomi sets are extremely affordable big-screen options.
So at the high-end, Samsung wins on picture quality while Xiaomi takes the budget category. But overall quality differs more between display technologies and price tiers than between these brands specifically.
With intense action films and sports, sound quality greatly impacts the viewing experience. Xiaomi TVs have decent built-in 20-30W stereo speakers. Samsung sets feature more powerful 60W+ audio and proprietary sound technologies for surround-sound immersion.
- Samsung Q-Symphony and OTS+ technologies create a cinematic audio experience by tracking on-screen action.
- Higher-end Samsung soundbars and speakers can sync with QLED TVs for captivating room-filling sound.
- Xiaomi TVs utilize Dolby and DTS codecs for competent stereo audio sufficient for everyday viewing.
- Users wanting an audio boost can connect Xiaomi soundbars via Bluetooth.
If audio performance matters most, Samsung has a clear edge. Their premium sets with harmony-linked audio components transport you inside the on-screen world. For those less concerned with sound, Xiaomi provides solid stereo speakers.
Smart TV Features and Usability
Both brands run intuitive smart platforms—Xiaomi uses Android TV and Samsung developed the Tizen OS. Key features include:
- Voice Search
- Chromecast Built-in
- Google Play Store
- Works with Google Assistant
- Universal Guide
- Smart Hub
- Gaming Service
- Works with Bixby
Tizen OS provides a streamlined, user-friendly experience optimized specifically for Samsung TVs. The app ecosystem lags behind competitors, but covers major streaming services.
For most buyers, both platforms provide user-friendly operation and abundant entertainment options. Android TV gets the edge for open, advanced smart features while Tizen offers a simpler connected experience.
Design, Connectivity and Price
Beyond core performance, physical design and specs differentiate Samsung and Xiaomi offerings.
- Samsung experiments with eye-catching form factors like rotating Sero TVs and art-like Frame models. Xiaomi sticks to standard rectangular builds.
- Higher-end Samsungs boast sleek minimalist style with near-invisible bezels, while Xiaomi focuses value sets on a budget.
- Both brands provide the necessary ports for connecting devices. Xiaomi often includes more USB ports, wired audio jack and Bluetooth.
- Samsung supports the latest HDMI specs and gaming features. Some Xiaomi sets lack full HDMI 2.1 compliance.
- Xiaomi substantially undercuts Samsung at each screen size tier, offering far better value per dollar. But Samsung TVs reach higher premium price points with leading performance to match.
If money matters most, Xiaomi provides amazing affordability at 55-65 inches. For those wanting the absolute best visuals, Samsung justifies its premium pricing with best-in-class image quality.Shop Samsung TV on Amazon
Verdict: Samsung Leads on Performance While Xiaomi Takes Value
For shoppers demanding the pinnacle of color, contrast and upscaling for sports, movies and gaming, Samsung QLED TVs deliver. Serious home theater enthusiasts will also appreciate Samsung’s audio innovations and connectivity.
Cost-conscious buyers wanting maximum screen size for the money will love value-packed Xiaomi models. Performance falls short of premium Samsung sets but far exceeds other brands at the same wallet-friendly prices.
Ultimately, focus on which features affect your viewing experience most. Then decide which brand best lines up with your performance needs and budget. Hopefully this detailed side-by-side assessment helps you pick out your perfect TV match.