It is obviously maddening when your Apple TV remote app is not working. If you have already come across this situation and want to overcome it, here’s a must-read article for you.
With the assistance of Apple TV Remotes, it is always possible to control Apple TV units at your convenience. You don’t have to rely on the conventional method to operate your TV if you have this user-friendly device. However, in some cases, even your Apple TV Remote may stop working due to some reason or another.
In fact, the above error can occur due to various reasons. Regardless of the reason, you may want to find solutions if your Apple TV remote app is not working. So, the below content explains everything about this error and possible solutions.
Besides, are you looking for some solutions on how to mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV? If so, we have come up with different methods to resolve it.
The Function of an Apple TV Remote
Well, the Siri Remote’s touchscreen is located on the top 3rd of the device. Using the trackpad, you may navigate the Apple TV UI. To make a selection, simply press the trackpad. In fact, this functions similarly to the original Apple TV remote’s central selection button.
To access additional controls when watching a movie, simply slide down on the trackpad. For instance, it’s needed for enabling subtitles or selecting an AirPlay speaker.
In fact, holding down the right-hand side of this trackpad will fast-forward your music. On the other hand, holding down the left side will rewind it. You can skip back two tracks by pressing the left side twice.
Also, if you are a novice and looking for the proper way to charge an Apple TV remote, here is a detailed guide on charging Apple TV remote easily.
You Cannot Change Its Sensitivity
Using the Apple TV remote is very simple. However, for some users, the trackpad can become oversensitive. However, you cannot change the sensitivity level of the trackpad. Instead, you can change the scrolling speed. The default value is set to medium.
To change it, you can go to “Settings” and select “Remotes & Devices.” Then, go to “Touch Surface Tracking.” You can change the speed limit to “Fast,” “Medium,” or “Slow.”
This configuration can be very handy if you find it difficult to input characters on your onscreen keypad. If you slow down its response rate, you can enter the content easily without any issues. It will help you select letters easily.
Generally speaking, this device is designed to work smoothly and effectively. However, there are some cases in which it can malfunction, just like any other device in the market. After all, they are not invincible.
Reasons Why Your Apple TV Remote App is Not Working
Let’s assume that your Apple TV remote has stopped working. First, we should find out the possible reasons for this issue.
With that said, mentioned below are the most common reasons behind this issue.
- Your Apple TV Remote’s buttons do not properly respond.
- Your Apple TV Remote’s touchpad does not respond.
- Your Apple TV Remote’s scroll function doesn’t work.
- Your Apple TV Remote doesn’t respond after the battery is replaced.
Five Best Solutions to Fix
Regardless of the reason, you can use one of the below methods to fix this error. So, let’s go ahead and learn how to fix this issue.
01. Common Solutions to Try if Your Apple TV Remote Isn’t Working
In this section of our article, we explain the most common fixes that can be tried. In fact, these solutions may work if your Apple TV is not responding due to a basic error. So, go ahead and try these solutions before you proceed with any advanced methods.
- Both the iOS device and the Apple TV must be on a single Wi-Fi network.
- Restart the faulty iOS device and see if it works.
- Close the faulty app. After that, you should open the same and see if it works. Just check for the iOS device on your Home Button. Press this button two times. If this option doesn’t work, swipe up and pause. Then, go to the app of your TV remote. Then, you should swipe down and open the app once again.
- Go to the settings option and select system. After that, you should tap on “Restart.” This will restart the respective Apple TV. Please note that this works if there’s a responsive remote with you. However, you should note that you are searching for a solution since your Apple TV remote app is not working. Therefore, you should restart the Apple TV simply by unplugging and plugging it back. Make sure that you plug it in after a couple of seconds.
- You should be sure you are using the most recent version of iOS. Older iOS versions are usually the culprits behind many errors.
- Turn on your Apple TV with the assistance of the remote. Then, you should go to “Settings” and select “General.” After that, you should select “Remote.” Now, you should unpair your remote. Then, pair it after waiting at least a couple of seconds.
- The problem might be associated with the connection as well. Just turn the Wi-Fi router off and turn it on.
- You can turn on the Airplane mode on your device. Then, turn it off after a couple of seconds.
We believe that at least one of the above solutions may fix the error related to Apple TV. However, if none of the above doesn’t work, you should try the solutions that are mentioned below.
02. The Battery is Drained Out
Well, one of the first things you should check is the battery. If the battery is drained out, the remote cannot operate (that’s obvious). So, if the batter is drained out, you should charge the remote using a lighting cable.
You must make sure that it is charged using the correct type of wall charger. Avoid using a computer to charge the device (to provide a solid power stream). Once it is charged in full, just check if your Apple TV remote app is not working.
03. Some Obstacles Disturb the Function of the Remote
In some cases, your Apple TV will not respond properly when something blocks the remote’s signals. So, if there’s a solid blockage between the remote and the TV, you should expect some malfunctions.
Those solid substances can prevent the infrared rays of the sensor. So, it is recommended to check the obstacles and clear the path properly to make your remote function properly.
04. Unpair the Device and Re-pair It
This is another simple trick that helps you overcome the “Apple TV remote app not working” error. Well, if the TV is not responding, just press the “Menu” and “Left” buttons simultaneously for a while.
When you see an icon that appears like a cloud, it says that the remote is not paired yet. If you want to pair the remote, just press the “Menu” and “Right” buttons at once. Then, the remote will be paired automatically.
05. Convert Your iPad or iPhone to an Apple TV Remote
If you are yet to succeed, here’s another solution you can use and overcome this issue.
- First, you should ensure that home sharing is configured on an iOS device (like iPad or iPhone). Also, your iPhone or iPad, along with the Apple TV, should be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi).
- Now, you should download the Remote App on the iPad or iPhone to proceed. Then, you should connect the device to the Wi-Fi network.
- After that, you should switch the Apple TV on. Then, you should navigate to the option called “Settings.” After that, select the option called “General.” Then, go to “Remotes.” Click on the option called “Remote App.”
- Once it is confirmed, you should input the Apple ID along with the password. This means the credentials you use to manage Home Sharing.
- Then, you should launch the “Remote App” on the respective iOS device and go to “Settings.” Then, select the option called “Apple TV.”
- Then, give some time so the app will be paired with the Apple TV. When the pairing is completed, you can easily control the Apple TV using the iPhone or iPad.
Also read: Apple TV black screen – 8 best ways to fix it.
Q1: Why is my Apple TV Remote app not connecting to my Apple TV?
A1: There could be several reasons for connectivity issues. Ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, update the Apple TV Remote app, and check for any potential network interference.
Q2: Can I use the Apple TV Remote app with any Apple TV model?
A2: The Apple TV Remote app is compatible with certain Apple TV models. Refer to the Apple support website for a list of supported models.
Q3: What should I do if the buttons on the Apple TV Remote app are unresponsive?
A3: Try restarting both your iPhone or iPad and Apple TV. If the problem persists, you can reset the Apple TV Remote app or contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Q4: Is it possible to use the Apple TV Remote app on multiple devices simultaneously?
A4: Yes, you can pair and use the Apple TV Remote app on multiple devices, allowing multiple users to control the Apple TV simultaneously.
Q5: Will restoring my Apple TV to factory settings erase all my data?
A5: Yes, restoring your Apple TV to factory settings will erase all content and settings. Make sure to back up any important data before proceeding with the restoration process.
If your Apple TV remote app is not working, you can use one of the above solutions to fix it. As we believe at least one of the above methods will get it fixed for good.
If you have any other doubts associated with this issue, please let us know. Our experts will assist you at their earliest.