You are probably reading this article because you wonder how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV, aren’t you? Look no further, as this article explains all the possible methods to get it done.
So, without further ado, let’s learn these workarounds.
If you’re a fan of Anime, you’ve definitely longed to fill out your TV viewing schedule with more shows. Numerous programs are available for watching Anime online.
You won’t appreciate watching movies on your phone if you are used to seeing them on a large screen. Crunchyroll is arguably the most well-known anime streaming platform. It has a massive collection of HD anime.
You can watch almost every anime series on Crunchyroll. In addition to that, it even lets you download them if you pay a little extra.
We regret to inform you that Crunchyroll is not currently integrated with Samsung Smart TVs. There are still ways, nevertheless, to watch your favorite Anime shows online via streaming on a Samsung TV.
Introduction to Crunchyroll
In a nutshell, Crunchyroll is a streaming network that allows users to view movies and television shows on their PC, smartphone, Smart TV, game console, or even streaming stick; Crunchyroll is comparable to services like Disney and Netflix.
Crunchyroll stands apart from the competition because of its exclusive concentration on Asian media, particularly Anime television programs and films. Crunchyroll features a wide variety of drama series (live-action) from countries like Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and China. In addition to that, it offers digital Manga that can be accessed on tablets and smartphones.
Crunchyroll is a legal streaming service for Anime. This platform has signed exclusivity clauses with many major Japanese companies. So, it broadcasts episodes of popular Anime series immediately (the following day) after they’re initially aired on Japanese television. When it came to catching up on your favorite anime series, you could do no better than Crunchyroll.
Can You Use Crunchyroll for Free?
The whole collection is available for free on both the website and the mobile app of Crunchyroll.
When you stream for free on Crunchyroll, though, you’ll have to sit through a number of advertisements. Then only the episodes will become available. The premium membership rates for Crunchyroll begin at 7.99 USD per month.
In addition to that, they include ad-free viewing and simulcasts as soon as an hour following the Japanese airing.
Besides, here, let’s figure out how to locate your Samsung TV power button and how to operate your TV without the use of a remote controller.
Is It Possible to Download Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TVs?
Well, Crunchyroll is not compatible with Samsung Smart TVs. So, how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV? Don’t worry, as this article covers the methods to accomplish this task without much hassle.
The TV App of Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll TV can only be accessed through Roku and Android TVs at the moment. The Crunchyroll application is accessible on a wide variety of platforms. For instance, it works on iOS and Android mobile devices, Sony and Microsoft gaming consoles, and Windows phones.
However, customers have submitted multiple reviews from customers stating that the software is buggy and frequently crashes.
So, How to Get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV?
For any user, it can be pretty interesting to see that Crunchyroll is not available on Samsung TV. However, despite those default settings, you can still find a way.
So, we can use a couple of workarounds as mentioned below.
Option 1: Use Chromecast
Those who wonder how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV can consider Google Chromecast as a great alternative.
With this, you can cast pretty much anything from a smartphone or a computer to a smart TV. To make it happen, all you need is a proper internet connection.
Mentioned below are the steps that should be followed.
- First, you should connect your Google Chromecast to your smart TV’s HDMI connection. Then, switch it on.
- You should ensure that both the Chromecast and the smartphone are connected to a single Wi-Fi network.
- On the Android device, go to the Play Store and download Crunchyroll mobile app.
- Now, open the app and provide credentials to sign in.
- Select the movie and play it (the Anime).
- When the movie plays, you should select the “Cast” icon. It is located on the top part of the window (right-hand side).
- The smartphone will scan for all the available devices. Then, the list of available devices will be listed.
- Select the Chromecast device linked to your smart TV. After that, you should allow pairing.
- Now, the program you watch on the smartphone will be available on the connected smart TV as well.
And that’s one of the easiest methods how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.
Option 2: Use Firestick
The next option is to use Firestick if you are wondering how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.
In fact, Crunchyroll is available through the Amazon store, so you can use Firestick to download it.
- First, you should connect your Amazon Firestick to your Samsung Smart TV through the HDMI connector. Make sure that it has an internet connection.
- Now, navigate to the home screen of your home screen.
- Click on the magnifying glass that appears in the top-left corner.
- You can search for the application called “Crunchyroll” using an onscreen keyboard to proceed.
- Select the app from the available list and download it.
- Open the app from the area called My Apps and Games after installing the app.
- Enter the credentials on Crunchyroll and sign in.
- Once you have done that, you can use your Firestick and enjoy Crunchyroll content on the big screen.
Option 3: Use Plex
If you have a Samsung TV, you can use the free streaming platform called Plex. The Plex software allows users to stream a wide variety of material. For instance, you can enjoy movies, TV Shows, music, and even Anime.
Mentioned below are the steps.
- Open your Samsung TV and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- Then, you should press the button labeled “Smart Hub.” This button can be found on your remote. This will access the apps.
- After that, you can use the search bar and enter the text “Plex.” Then, click on the listed option to access the download section.
- Select the button labeled “Install” so you can install this app.
- After that, open the installed Plex app. You can then register a new account. However, if you have an account, just select the option called “Sign In” to proceed.
- Now, you should use a different device for the purpose of entering the activation code. This will connect the existing account.
- After that, select the option called “Link.” Then, open the Plex application on the Samsung TV. It is already connected to the plex account.
- Now, you should visit the channel called Crunchyroll so you can access free streaming.
And that’s how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV using Plex.
Option 4: Use an Over-the-Top Gadget
Over-the-top gadgets enable the streaming of multimedia through a variety of high-tech handheld devices. The majority of OTT gadgets are compatible with many different streaming platforms.
In addition to that, they only require a stable wireless connection to get started. Currently, available OTT devices include just a small number of household names like Roku, Fire Stick, and Apple TV. It also includes devices like Google Cast.
After establishing an OTT device on a Samsung smart TV, you’ll have quick access to popular streaming services. And Crunchyroll is one example. Beachbody integration with a Samsung Smart TV is a great added bonus. And that’s another practical option if you wonder how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.
Option 5: Connect Your Computer or Laptop Using an HDMI
Assume that you’re watching Anime on a computer or a laptop and want to connect both devices. In that case, you can use the HDMI cable to do so.
A double-ended cable (HDMI) can be used to connect a laptop or desktop computer to an HDMI display. After linking the two, you may go to the Crunchyroll site and watch your favorite Anime shows and movies.
Option 6: Use Smart View
Here’s another good option to consider if you wonder how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV. Your first step should be to launch Crunchyroll on a Samsung phone and log in to the account.
After connecting your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network (Samsung TV not connecting to Wi-Fi), you may start watching Samsung TV. Tap the Cast icon on your mobile device and begin streaming your selected Anime.
Go to the menu called Smart View on your Samsung smart TV. From there, you may use the Crunchyroll application on your phone to stream Anime content to the Samsung TV.
Option 7: Use Airplay Cast on iOS Devices
If you want to know more options about how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV, here’s another method. In fact, this method works on iOS devices (iPads or iPhones).
So, go ahead and learn how to use AirPlay to cast content using your iPhone or iPad.
Below are the steps that should be followed
- Open Crunchyroll on your iPhone or iPad. Provide credentials and log in.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV. After that, both the iOS device and the smart TV should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, tap on the button labeled “AirPlay” once anime content is played on the iOS device.
- After that, select the Samsung Smart TV from the available devices.
- Now, all the anime content will be visible on your Smart TV.
Also read: YouTube TV not working on Samsung Smart TV.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How much does Crunchyroll cost?
Crunchyroll offers both free and premium subscription plans. The premium plan provides additional benefits such as ad-free streaming and access to simulcast episodes. Pricing details can be found on the official Crunchyroll website.
Can I watch Crunchyroll for free on Samsung TV?
Yes, Crunchyroll offers a free version with limited content. However, the premium subscription unlocks a larger library of shows and provides an enhanced viewing experience.
Can I download episodes for offline viewing?
Unfortunately, Crunchyroll does not currently support offline downloads. You can only stream the content online through their platform.
Is Crunchyroll available in multiple languages?
Yes, Crunchyroll offers content in multiple languages, including English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and more. You can choose your preferred language in the settings.
Can I cancel my Crunchyroll subscription anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Crunchyroll subscription at any time. Simply go to your account settings on the Crunchyroll website or app and follow the instructions to cancel your subscription.
Also read: How to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily get Crunchyroll on your Samsung TV and enjoy a vast collection of anime and Asian dramas. With the convenience of streaming on the big screen, you can immerse yourself in the world of anime and indulge in your favorite shows without any hassle.