The Samsung TV is a smart TV with a voice assistant that lets you control the TV using your voice. This feature can be very useful if you watch a show and want to switch channels without touching the remote control.
However, some people may not like this feature. And many people prefer they could turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TVs completely.
This article will explain how you can do this by following some simple ways or methods. So, read on.
What is Samsung TV’s Voice Assistant?
Samsung TV’s Voice Assistant is a built-in voice recognition feature. It allows you to control many of the TV’s functions. You can search for content, change channels, or even turn on or off your TV.
You need to be in a quiet room for the voice assistant to work. The TV will give you audible prompts to know when everything is ready. Then, just say, “OK, Bixby,” or “Hi, Bixby.”
Once you’re ready to use the voice assistant, say, “Hi, Bixby.” The TV will ask, “what can I do for you today?” Then, just follow the on-screen prompts.
Bixby can recognize up to eight different voices in your household. And it will link each one with their accounts. This means that whenever someone speaks “OK, Bixby” or “Hi, Bixby,” the TV will respond only to that person’s voice.
Besides, you will find it annoying when your Samsung TV volume is stuck. Here, let’s figure out how to fix the Samsung Smart TV volume stuck issue easily.
Pros of Samsung TV Voice Assistant
Before you know the steps of the Samsung TV voice assistant to turn off, let’s first know some pros and cons of the voice guide.
Samsung TVs have an integrated voice assistant that allows you to control your TV using different commands and phrases. This means you can turn off the TV. Or change channels without having to push a single button on your remote control.
Some advantages of using Samsung’s voice assistant:
- It supports multiple languages. So users can easily switch between languages while they use it. In addition, users can change their preferred language at any time. By choosing from a list of supported languages in the settings menu of their smart TVs.
- Samsung’s software has built-in support for major streaming services, such as Hulu and Netflix. This makes it easy for users to find movies or shows they want to watch quickly without having to search through multiple menus on their devices first.
- Samsung’s software supports major streaming services, such as Hulu and Netflix. This means you won’t have to search through multiple menus on your devices just to find the show or movie you want to watch. Instead, you can simply ask Samsung’s voice assistant what channel is playing on TV right now. And it will show you the answer right away.
Also, if you wonder how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV, here are the four most practical solutions to accomplish this task with ease for you.
Cons of Samsung TV voice assistant
Despite the benefits you’ll gain from using the voice assistant on Samsung TV, there are some downsides to consider:
- The voice assistant can be annoying. If you have a noisy background or if someone is watching TV in the next room, the noise from your TV can be distracting for others. Some people might even find it annoying enough to make them want to turn off their TVs.
- The voice assistant can be a security risk. Voice assistants always listen for commands from their owners. They will respond as needed without asking first. This means that hackers could use these devices as listening devices without anyone knowing about them.
- The voice assistant can be a privacy risk. Your private conversations may not stay private when you have Alexa around! With her eavesdropping capabilities, she could end up recording things meant only between two people. For example, an argument or even things said while watching certain shows.
Ways to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung TV
There are mainly three most effective ways by which you can turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TV. And they are:
- By pressing and holding the volume button.
- By going to the Accessibility and Voice Guide settings in the TV’s main Menu.
- By using Voice command.
You will now learn about the steps mentioned in all three ways. So, keep on reading.
In addition, if you wonder how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV, don’t worry, as this article covers seven different methods to accomplish this task without much hassle.
Way 1. By Pressing and Holding the Volume Button
The steps involved in the first way of Samsung TV voice assistant turned off are as follows:
- Press & hold the volume button on the remote control. The volume button is located on the left side of the remote control.
- Hold the button for about 5 seconds.
- Press the Center/Select button to turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TV/Voice Guide. And your TV will return to regular operation. You can now use your TV with your remote control or voice commands again!
If you continue having trouble using your voice commands, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Samsung TV Customer Service.
Also read: How to fix my Samsung TV won’t turn on.
Way 2. By Going to the Accessibility and Voice Guide Settings
The steps involved in the second way of Samsung TV voice assistant turn off is as follows:
- Go to the Accessibility.
- Press the HOME button on your remote control.
- Press the left side of the Directional round pad on your remote control.
- Navigate to Settings and then press the center button to open it.
- When the Settings menu is open, locate the General option.
- And press the Center Button or the right side of the Directional pad to open the General settings menu.
- Now navigate to Accessibility options by pressing the low side of the directional pad and opening it.
- You will see Voice Guide Settings among many options, so just select it. Then press the Center Button or the right side of the Directional pad. This will take you directly to the accessibility menu where you can turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TV/voice guide on Samsung Smart TV.
- Now navigate to Voice Guide Settings by pressing the low side of the Directional pad and opening it.
- You will see an option named “Turn on the voice guide.” Just press the center button or the right side of the Directional pad to turn it off.
Now you have successfully turned off Voice Guide on Samsung Smart TV.
Way 3. By Using the Voice Command
The steps involved in the third way of Samsung TV voice assistant turn off is as follows:
- Use the microphone button on your remote to disable voice assistance on your Samsung TV.
- First, press and hold the mic button on your remote control until the word “ready” shows on the screen. This could take up to 30 seconds.
- Then say, “turn off voice assistant on Samsung TV” into your microphone. The TV will respond, “Voice assistant is now turned off.” Press OK to confirm and end the interaction with that command.
- You can also turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TV by going to Settings > Smart Features and turning off the “Samsung Voice” option.
Steps to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung TV 2014-2018 Models
You can turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TV by following these steps:
- Press the MENU/123 button on the Samsung TV remote control.
- Select Menu > System or Settings.
- Now, select Accessibility > Voice Guide to open a new window.
- Select Voice Guide again to open another window that shows different options. Including On/Off, Volume, and Screen Off.
- Select Off in this window to disable Voice Guide on your Samsung TV
- Now, press the MENU button to save your changes.
Steps to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung TV 2008-2013 Models
Now let’s see the ways Samsung TV voice assistant turn off for 2008 to 2013 models of Samsung TV:
- On your remote, press the Menu button.
- Using the directional arrow buttons on your remote, navigate to Sound or Sound Mode.
- Input OK.
- Go back to Broadcast and choose Audio Language.
- If your Samsung TV has audio description turned on, you’ll see an English AD set. To disable Audio Description, change the language to “English only.”
- You can easily enable or disable audio descriptions on various Samsung TVs. By briefly depressing the Menu button, you can accomplish that until all of the choices have an AD icon next to them.
Also read: Samsung TV Power Button – How to Find It and Use It?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I re-enable the voice assistant after disabling it?
A: Yes, you can follow the same steps mentioned earlier to re-enable the voice assistant on your Samsung TV.
Q2: Will disabling the voice assistant affect other TV functionalities?
A: No, disabling the voice assistant will only turn off the voice control feature. All other TV functions will remain unaffected.
Q3: Can I use voice commands with third-party voice assistants?
A: Yes, some Samsung TVs allow integration with third-party voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Q4: Is it possible to use the TV’s voice control without connecting to the internet?
A: No, the voice control feature on Samsung TVs requires an internet connection for communication and processing.
Q5: How can I ensure my TV is not listening to my conversations?
A: By following the methods mentioned in this article, you can disable the voice assistant and minimize the possibility of your TV listening to conversations.
Samsung TVs have a voice assistant that can control your TV. The Voice Assistant allows you to use your voice to turn on and off the TV, change channels, launch apps, and much more.
This article taught you how to turn off the voice assistant on Samsung TV and disable this feature. So you don’t have to worry about accidentally pressing buttons while watching your favorite show or movie!